Saturday, May 3, 2008

Little Jo & The Shopkeeper


These are the final versions for 2 characters I posted earlier. The revisions on the shopkeeper were pretty minor but on Josephine, I changed the shape of her head, added some highlights on her face and hair, deepened the overall value contrast, and added a pattern to the dress. Originally, I wanted to stay away from highlights to keep her really flat and cutout-looking but in the end I wound up compromising and just putting them on her head to make her look a bit more lively. I just did turnarounds for these two and I'm about to start my 2nd pass on those. I'll post the those when they're done along with facial expressions. I've had so much fun on these characters and learned a lot (most of all from Devin Crane who gave me amazing advice on 3 rounds on these). Over the summer, I'm making a maquette of the shopkeeper, too.

No comments: