Here's the tail-end of the teashop piece. There are still things that I want to do to it, including adding one of the characters. I'm temporarily calling this a finished piece however because I want to go on to other facets of the project and this is pretty done anyway. I haven't designed any of the characters yet so I'll revisit this piece when I've got something more to add. That way I can also get a look at it with fresh eyes and fix everything I just can't see anymore.
Unlike most of my environment pieces, this did not start off from a drawing. I did a load of thumbnails to get a feel for what I wanted but then I realized that since I already pretty much knew what I wanted the layout of the room to be, it would be easier and faster just to model it and choose a camera angle I really liked. So I did a simple model in Maya, captured the wireframe, and just painted over that: