Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sketchbook Shenanigans

Above: I love this page with the exception of the lower right drawing. Keeps the page humble, I guess. Below: I was going to edit out that abandoned bit of drawing at the top but for some reason, I like what it does for the overall composition of the page. Also wanted to stay honest. It's a taco truck, by the way.
Below: This was the only drawing I liked on a page I did last month. Done late at night on BART on the way back from San Francisco.

4 comments:

JP said...

Hey Charlene! Thanks for stopping by my blog. The space station sketch you were wondering about is a combination of a crusty black brush pen from Maido and two other black pens. One is a pilot hi-tec, I think it's a 0. The other is a Uniball Vision Micro. Nothing too schmancy, but you got me thinking maybe I will make a brush like that in photoshop.

Your paintings are looking pretty sweet. I especially love how you're working with color.

Cheers!

RAWLS said...

Really beautiful stuff Charlene!! Love your style! Keep up the great work my friend!

Januel Mercado said...

Nice stoof Charlene, especially that last drawing, I LOVE IT! In the words of Britney Spears: Gimme Gimme, Gimme Gimme More, More!

Charlene Fleming said...

Thanks so much guys! I'm doing my best to step up the work in 2009 and the encouragement makes it that much easier to stay inspired. :D