Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pending Paint

San Franciscan summers are notoriously mild. I've been doing a lot of drawings outside lately with the intention of revisiting the locations to paint the sketches when the sunny weather finally hits (usually end of July - November).


Above: I wanted to show the full spread so you can see how I plan my layouts. Sometimes, I just aim to fill each page with drawings that may or may not be related, but there are other times when I want to treat a spread as a unified piece. I left space at the bottom and right sides for writing.





I hope my next update will be in technicolor.

2 comments:

Emmanuel Briand said...

yeah yeah yeah , it's been a while and your draws still are full of good feelings . bye charlene

Charlene Fleming said...

Haha! Thanks, Emmanuel! Glad to hear I'm still on my game. ;)